Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:53:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc@netcologne.de>
To:        eivind@yes.no
Cc:        van.woerkom@netcologne.de, garyj@muc.de, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: updates to i4b

Hi Eivind!

> Mind telling us which hangs and how you deal with them?  :-)

I'm connected to my ISP via i4b's ppp.
i4b is configured to hang up after a certain idle time.

Let's say I browse the web with netscape, often I have to
call up URL two times (first time to initiate a new connection,
second time to fetch the page) and after some time, I get
strange error messages.

It could be a problem with my routing setup.
If I issue

    ifconfig isppp0 down
    route delete default
    /etc/rc.isdn stop
    /etc/rc.isdn

everything works fine again.

I know this description is vague, so please tell me, what
information you need - I assume I have to turn on certain i4b
debugging flags.

Regards,
Marc