Date:      Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:03:08 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>, Mike Jeays <mj001@rogers.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bystander shot by a spam filter.

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> At 09:20 PM 1/4/2003, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
>> When you are infected by and propagate a virus, you are, in effect,
>> performing an involuntary service for it. The same is true when
>> you use, promote, propagate, or decline to seek an alternative to
>> GPLed software. You're being used, whether you know it or not. One
>> of the most insidious effects is that you may not promote the creation
>> of a truly free alternative.
> This being California, I know people who say the same thing about
> "Y" chromosomes... that doesn't make it true... 8-)

LOL!

Extremely amusing to see your analogy machine crank this gem out. ;)

However, in the general case, I think you rely too much on analogy
in your arguments. This is a big part of why we can't see eye-to-eye.
An analogy is not the thing.

I'm not saying to stop making them either, this one was worth it.
You must live up north.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the
victims he intends to eat until he eats them.
                -- Samuel Butler