Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2002 10:24:58 +0300
From:      Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
To:        "Aaron K. Namba" <anamba@colossus.namba1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audio on inspiron 3200

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 09:01:08PM -1000, Aaron K. Namba wrote:

> Okay, I've tried everything google can find me on how to configure the
> audio on my Inspiron 3200. As far as I can tell, it is a Crystal 4237B,
> but all the things that are supposed to work just don't do anything. I
> checked the BIOS, I don't think there's anything suspect there...

Actually, I never tried it on Inspirons, but my Latitude has 4237B too,
and former Dell guys say there's more similarity than usual.
So, maybe, I could help you.

Is your card set in "Full Duplex" mode in BIOS?..

> This is my first time trying to configure audio that didn't get detected
> in GENERIC, so please help...
>

> This kernel config doesn't work:
> device          pcm
> device		csa

It won't - card you have isn't PnP.

> This kernel config hangs the machine as gnome is starting:
> device		pcm0	at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x13

Try this one:

device	pcm0 at isa? port 0x52c irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10

And could you send dmesg output from "boot -v" ?

--
BR,
Kirill Bezzubets                                CASE-RIPE CASE-RIPN