Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:51:31 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: at_shutdown going away

In message <199908212031.QAA12995@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu> Garrett
Wollman writes:
: You missed the point.  The bus hierarchy has support designed-in to
: pass power-management requests down the device tree.  The only
: functions which should be registering themselves with APM directly
: are:
:
: 	1) Old device drivers using a compatibility shim, or
:
: 	2) Kernel code which is not a device driver.
:
: If you need more functionality than DEVICE_SUSPEND and DEVICE_RESUME,
: then add more methods.

That DEVICE_SUSPEND and DEVICE_RESUME methods are exactly the same
thing as we have right now with the apm code.  No need to reinvent the
wheel here.  It was on my list of cleanups to do after I got the
pccard stuff to the point where modems work again.

Warner