Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:57:47 +1200
From:      "Craig Harding" <crh@outpost.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Charles Henrich a Star?

Charles Henrich wrote:

> On the subject of Charles Henrich a Star?, Amancio Hasty stated:
>
> > Went to see today the movie Matrix cool movie !!
>
> Glad you liked it!  What were your favorite bits?  Im no star, just
> a systems guy who got tired of IRIX :)

Saw it tonight, it's a great movie overall, and the FX are very
nicely done. Obviously Manex are a clever bunch of people.

So how much of the rendered bits did you guys do? The main reason I
want to know is to be able to explain to people "you know XXX in the
film? Done on FreeBSD", and then act just a little smug.

I liked the slomo bullets and bullet trails, but I'm picking the
Manex bits were probably the "spaceship" underground scenes with the
Sentinels? Very nicely done!

It's a very good film BTW, for people who haven't seen it. Does a few
new things in a stylistic sense for an action movie, and does them
well. I really liked the slomo gunfights, I just kept watching all
the flying particles (eg storming the building lobby) and the people
in close proximity and thinking "how they do that?".

> > Tried to see if freebsd was mentioned on the list of credits ---
> > yes I know I am a dreamer -- instead I saw Charles Henrich
> > mentioned ! -- Congrats!
>
> FreeBSD didnt come into the picture into well after the credits were
> already finalized, otherwise I would've tried :)

Yeah, congrats Charles, following Amancio's tipoff I hung round to
make sure I saw it. The scroll the bastards damn fast though, almost
missed it.

						-- C.
--
Craig Harding         Head of Postproduction, Outpost Digital Media Ltd
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly