Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 1995 13:32:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: [DEVFS] your opinions sought!

> > Oh, how I wish for some way to just "pause" the OS sometimes.  :-)  It's
> > sooooo handy and convenient to just add a tape drive by just plugging it in.
>
> Run INN (just joking, just joking...)

# ctlfreebsd pause now

???  :-)

Actually, the chief thing I need this for is so that I can connect a tape
unit to the far end of my newsfeed.  I've got a FreeBSD box under my desk
here at MEI that has a serial link to our news server "news.moneng.mei.com",
with a 28.8K modem to sol.net.  It just sits here and runs uucico all day,
taking the compressed packets from news, gzip'ping them, and sending them
to news.sol.net.  A 28.8K modem link isn't enough these days, even with
gzip'ped traffic.  I fall about a day behind over the period of a week,
and toss about 300MB of news onto tape and hand carry it to news.sol.net.

I *gotta* arrange for ISDN...  :-)

... Joe