Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 19:50:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        announce@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone else think it's about time to beat a WEB server to death?

Hello.

Quoting from Jordan K. Hubbard (Fri Nov 10 18:35:55 1995):
> or even if we can, might I prevail on someone out there with a
> well-connected box to possibly declare a "flag day", during which as
> many people on this list as possible (and anyone else they can find)
> aggressively attempts to beat the server to its knees while the server
> maintainers busily collect stats on the event?
> So how about it?  Any takers?  If you're really interested in helping

YES. Around November the 20th we at IBE.NET can put up not one
but two servers running FreeBSD for this purpose.
We can put one in Europe and one in the USA, both connected by a T1.

PS. Rod Grimes: I publicly *swear* I'm doing my best to sort out
the mess which happened with your order. Most likely, the two
machines will come from you :)

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1