Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 1996 09:35:15 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syncing CTM and SNAPS?

> Hey Poul-H,
>
> You know those big `base deltas' you make for CTM?  The ones that
> serve as a jumping-off point for all the updates that follow?
>
> Well, all this talk of a 2.2 SNAP has me thinking..  Why not try to
> sync the SNAP dates with whatever mechanism you have for generating
> base deltas, so that on the day a SNAP is produced you also have a
> base you can grab over FTP (e.g. don't even bother installing the
> source distribution) and jump straight into -current.
>
> I don't intend to do 2.2 SNAPS very often, mind you, but it seems that
> when I do, we should try to maximize their benefit to the hacker
> community!

Well, just grab the latest ####A delta and all that comes after it.

There really isn't any benefit to synchronizing with the base deltas
I think, it's just more hazzles for us.

But good idea btw!

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.