Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:50:10 -0400
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic in ata_intr() in 4.3-RELEASE

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 04:23:15PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:
> So - I'm having a bad day. :)
>
> I'm messing with cdda2wav ( from cdrecord-0.92 ) under FreeBSD
> 4.3-RELEASE.
>
> I have this very body of software working on my laptop, but on
> another PC that I just installed from CD last night, I consistently
> get a panic whenver I try to get an audio CD's TOC, or try to rip
> a track:

Update! (and cc-ing -multimedia).

Is seems that the first CD I tried (_Americana_ by the Offspring)
is a multimedia CD.

The CD can be read/played under 4.1-RELEASE (my desktop, where I
sit.)

When I try to mount this under 4.3-RELEASE, I get:

  bookpc# mount /dev/acd0c cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

But I can mount this on my older desktop.  (I need to try on my
laptop; that'll be for later.)

I _can_ use cdda2wav under 4.3-RELEASE, with apparent impunity, on
a strictly audio CD.  (Trying on a regualr CD-ROM does safely yield
'This disk has no audio tracks'.)

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842