Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 21:16:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone up for a little triage on http://www.freebsd.org/about.html?

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Cc: www@freebsd.org

What the heck is that list!?  Be damned if I've ever seen it before...

> The overall style of our current version isn't so bad so much as is
> the content - I don't think that trumpeting "PRE-EMPTIVE
> MULTITASKING!" is, for example, quite as effective as citing some more

OTOH, I do quite specifically recall my computer teacher from last
semester asking if "UNIX was multitasking"...  I considered saying `No,
but that it is multi-terminal and multi-user', or `No, but FreeBSD is!' :).

Admittedly, if someone isn't sure wether a modern Unice is capable of
running more than one program at a time, they probably won't be swayed to
installing FreeBSD no matter how well-written the welcome.html file... :(

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk