Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:17:26 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serious bug in 4.9-RELEASE

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:06:00PM -0800, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> Doug White wrote:

> >>It appears that someone has messed up /usr/share/misc/termcap
> >

> >Apparently you :)
> >
> >I can't reproduce this. Try reinstalling termcap manually.
>
> I reverted to the one from the previous release.  The
> CVSuped version is the one causing the problem.
>
> These are xterm sessions that are done via xforwarding in sshd.
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel   203413 Nov  3 14:57 termcap
> MD5 (termcap) = c4228c627c053151a6397951464d0510

That seems to be identical to the termcap file I have installed.
(Except for the mtime of course.)
I can't reproduce your problem either.

> /usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.src has a date of Oct 29

Sounds odd.  The last time that file was changed in the RELENG_4 branch
was in May 2003, and the last time it was changed in -CURRENT was in
August 2003.
I would think somebody would have noticed the problem by now, if it
really was a problem with the termcap file from the cvs repository.

> This is easily reproducible -- revert to old termcap, it
> works.  Do a make and make install in /usr/src/share/termcap,
> the behavior appears again.

I am quite certain it is a local problem at your end.

What value is your TERM environment variable set to?

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson