Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:28:09 GMT
From:      rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
To:        Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A simple way to crash your system.

>> YES!!! You're not alone. I suspect for *most* of users the ability to
>> transfer data to/from MSDOS partitions/floppies is crucial.  As for me, as
>> much as I love FreeBSD, I would seriously consider changing it to Linux,
>> if it were unable to deal with msdosfs.
>
>The floppies isn't an issue. You can use the m* utils for this without
>msdosfs - though I agree data sharing from paritions is very important.
>
>Proff

NOOOO!!!! I don't want to dink around with assorted utilities just to copy
files on and off floppies. Especially when mtools.1:BUGS says (2.1.5) "The
support for non-Linux OS variants has not been tested for a long time. It
may contain bugs, or even not work at all." Rather stick with the devil I
know...

--
Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254  between 0800 and 1800 UK