Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:20:28 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mfs & swap relationship

> Hmm, although this seems to be a crock as well as my version, perhaps
> we should stuff a generic `mfs' entry into /etc/disktab, and document
> its use in the EXAMPLES section.  Can you send your version to me?

In /etc/fstab for the diskless machine I have

    wind:/usr/diskless_root  /    nfs     ro,-r=1024        0 0
    /dev/null                /var mfs     rw,-T=myformat    0 0
    wind:/usr                /usr nfs     ro,-r=1024        1 1

in /etc/disktab the entry is

    myformat:\      dt=ST506:ty=winchester:se#512:nt#256:nc#1:\
        :pb#12288:ob#0:tb=swap:\
	:pc#12288:oc#0:

(since I only have swap on that...).

> (It will only make sense if you can override the actual size from the
> commandline.)

I suppose the "-s" flag to mount_mfs should work, although I did not
try (and I cannot right now since I am fighting with the 21140-AC)

	Luigi