Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:02:49 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: History of C (Re: Why do you use a devil as a mascot?)

--6zdv2QT/q3FMhpsV

Quoth Gary Kline on Sunday, 14 November 2010:
>=20
>=20
> 	Just about the whole Murray Hill gang stopped by Cray=20
> 	(in Chippewa Falls), late 80's, and I remember asking Dennis
> 	what the deal was with "C++"; I remember him dodging the
> 	thing.  Whoever-invented-C++ did a convoluted job, i s my
> 	opinion.  It might be nice to add classes to C, but that's
> 	about it.
>=20
The inventor of C++ is Bjarne Stroustrop.  I had the chance opportunity
to sit down at a table with him and have a conversation prior to an SD
West conference several years ago.  He's a nice guy, with a great sense
of humor -- but even he admits "C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the
foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off."
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bjarne_Stroustrup

>=20
--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F