Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 22:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffry Komala <jkomala@pioneer.bawel.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Diamond video card

This is not a question specific to freeBSD, but since it involves a very
popular brand name, I thought a lot of people would be interested.

Does anybody ever encounter a problem with Diamond Stealth 64 PCI
Graphics 2000 series (DRAM version)?
If you have one, try run it under 800x600x 16bit resolution and see if
you encounter a blank screen.
It happens to me on two different new video cards on three different
motherboards: a generic 486DX4-100, an Intel Zappa, and a generic
Triton-based motherboard.
The cards I am using are the OEM version.

If you also have a blank screen while running the above video mode, then
my theory is correct that every Stealth 64, at least the 2000 Graphics
series, has a serious hardware bug. Timing or interrupt problem?

Btw....the particular model uses Trio64 graphics chip.

Jeffry Komala