Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 12:51:49 -0500
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question on adaptec 1520 controller w/DMA???

I have an adaptec 1520 controller. According to the
FreeBSD manuals it's slow partially because the 1520 doesn't
have DMA support. That may have been true on older
1520 models, but currently they have a jumper to select
either polled mode or DMA.

Can I used the DMA function with FreeBSD? The aic
driver example just shows an interrupt and port, not
a drq. Can I use the drq keyword? Or can I used the aha
driver with the 152x to get DMA? The card does support
DMA. Any help is most appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

PS - please reply to jlwest@tseinc.com as I'm not currently
on this list.  THANKS!

Jay West

Unix *IS* user friendly; It's just selective about who it's friends are!