Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:54:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jjwolf@bleeding.com (Justin Wolf)
Cc:        cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com, falco@vex.net, rsacrack@vex.net, hackers@freebsd.org, deschall@gatekeeper.megasoft.com
Subject:   Re: First place.

> You actually think that DES is too weak when it takes all the hackers
> in the known unix world to stage an attempt which has been so far
> unsuccessful?  Hmm... different point of view I guess.
>
> -Justin Wolf (jjwolf@bleeding.com)

Depends on whether you can take advantage of symmetry to reduce the
size of the data set, burn the results onto CDROM's indexed by post
encrypted intelligence data, and load them into a changer in wait
for the data you want to crack.

If you could, you'd have the holy secret decoder ring for DES.

Does anyone know if the RSA Challenge is using symmetry around the
roots of squares (applying the recently published hyperbolic factoring
technique), or if they are just brute-forcing it?

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---