Date:      Tue, 3 May 2005 11:05:27 -0300
From:      Franco Bruno Borghesi <fborghesi@gmail.com>
To:        "Toll, Eric" <etoll@vipstructures.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another BIOS RAID or host based RAID question

Yes, I am using 3 servers with hardware raid:

a)3ware 7500 with 4 ATA disks (1 spare) WD 160 GB in RAID 5, works great.
b)Mylex AcceleRAID 160 with 3 SCSI 8 GB Quantum disks, RAID 5, works great.
c)3ware 9600s with 4 SATA 150 disks (1 spare) WD 160 GB in RAID 5. Many=20
problems, occasional reboots, couldn't get any help from the lists.

The 3ware 7500 board comes in severall flavours, you could try a two channe=
l=20
model, though the only utility you have is tw_cli, it's console based, no=
=20
alarms. It's also an ATA controller :(

Hope this helps.

2005/5/2, Toll, Eric <etoll@vipstructures.com>:
>=20
> I see the list littered with many unanswered RAID questions, is anyone=20
> using
> hardware based RAID with FreeBSD 5.X? If so what exactly do you have for
> equipment?
>=20
> Want to get 2 identical 74Gb drives, could be SATA or SCSI, would like to=
=20
> setup
> controller or bios to to the RAID - not software raid. e.g. create the=20
> mirror
> set in BIOS then install BSD.
>=20
> I have purchased *nothing* yet. I'd like an easy to set up (via BIOS) RAI=
D=20