Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 18:58:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
Cc:        jgowdy@home.com (Jeremiah Gowdy), tcole@wcug.wwu.edu (Travis Cole), insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net (Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson), advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and IRC

> > questions are answered.  One can find out the information they are seeking
> > without annoying the rest of the BSD population.
>
> Yes, but someone has to point them to this resources, and kicking is
> not the correct way.
>
> If they don't want to listen to you and still ask again, it might be
> the time to kick them, but only then.

IRC is badly designed.

If it weren't, there would be a way to force someone to another
channel, and tell them to reask the question there, as opposed
to "kick" (I assume: force them out of the channel) and ignore.

Like automatically following a referral in a browser.

IRC is simply not well designed for the use (technical support)
to which people appear to be attempting to put it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.