Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Great Trademark Debate

On 10 Jul 2000, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com> writes:
> > (Wondering why he wrote so much when he really just wants to say, "Shut
> > the hell up already!

> I tried that once (though not in so many words), but got my fingers
> smacked by Jordan for using Bad Language on the lists :) I've had
> Brett killfiled ever since.

I couldn't express my _true_ emotions without using such language. That
must be the sailor in me. :)

When I moved my email activities to my ISP I redid my filters. I thought I
would try it once more. Anyway, the regrettable part is that if all of the
detractors from Brett just don't reply, then his voice wins.
Impressionable people in FreeBSD land will start thinking like he thinks.

It's like a Ghengis Khan story (legend perhaps) where he perpetually
charges the gates of a sieged city. Eventually, the city generals tire of
always racing to close the gates and they stop doing so. Khan rolls right
in unopposed.

I don't know what I will do. I really don't have time to fight Brett.

Later,
Jason C. Wells