Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 21:18:43 +0100
From:      Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@clara.net>
To:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Something we overlooked with MySQL and FreeBSD vs Linux?

* Chris Elsworth (chris@shagged.org) wrote:

> I would check myself, but I don't have access to a HT enabled machine
> with FreeBSD on it anymore [SNIP]

That most users complaining of poor MySQL performance don't have HTT
enabled CPU's would seem to suggest this isn't the issue, although I
don't doubt FreeBSD HTT support is somewhat suboptimal at this point.

I suspect MySQL's issues are more a factor of kernel locks than
threading, tbh.  Time to catch up on freebsd-smp :)

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/