Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 1997 19:08:33 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans), ache@nagual.pp.ru, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@FreeBSD.ORG, xaa@stack.nl
Subject:   Re: CVSUP and CVS branches: bug?

> Half-serious suggestion... why not ask Perforce if they would like
> to "donate" their source management system for FreeBSD's non-commercial
> use? Not likely, but anyway here's a ref to it:

They've already offered us the server for $1 on freefall and an
unlimited number of clients, for whomever wants to use the repository
maintained there.  Any other group using FreeBSD non-profit also gets
the same $1/server deal, so they can run their own repositories.
Our CVSmeister personally likes perforce.

Truly, the barriers here are not technical or financial, they're
political. :-)

					Jordan