Date:      Fri, 02 May 1997 03:10:26 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the bt848, more the programs that use DGA extensions

Talk to the XFree86 people about X errors . That particular card probably does
not support properly the DGA extension . You can always find out by
reading README.<whatevercard> from the XFree86 distribution  .

Try to get a VRAM card such as an S3 968. Try not to get DRAM based cards
because they are not really that fast for you.

I take a little offense with the implication that the driver is related to
anything from the linux camp.

The core video technology was written from scratch straight out of the
Bt848 databook and I am not so sure that the tuner code has that much to share
with the linux driver also. The driver model came out of the Matrox
Meteor driver  which for a long time there was no linux counterpart.

So in summary, the BT848 driver at least the video component is 100%
FreeBSD grown 8)

Try not to watch too much TV.  Oh thats just a little problem I got
over here with TV on my PC 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio