Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 18:01:46 -0500
From:      Ken Hansen <khansen@njcc.com>
To:        Peter Korsten <pkorsten@XS4All.nl>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to install without a CD-ROM and without an existing installation

Peter,
	Have you got a network connection from the laptop to the
internet? Why not try that... If not, do it over the phone, in the
time you will spend trying to figure a way around this problem, it
could be installing on your machine...

I did a reasonable install on a 386 over 28K dial-up overnight, I
was quite impressed with the speed. A minimal install to then connect
to the internet using FreeBSD would probably be quite reasonable...

Ken
khansen@njcc.com