Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 1995 13:21:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, john@zyqad.co.uk, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

On Sat, 12 Aug 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > > 	Now my question is how do you figure out what the mounting point
> > > is for each drive?
> >

> > unionfs ?
>
> This is below the fs layer, this is _virtual_ disk type devices.  You
> end up with /dev/cdX under 4.4 lite (sic, conflicts with scsi cdrom
> driver on many platforms :-().  On an Auspex it is /dev/vdX or is
> that /dev/vnX, been a few months, unionfs can not do what this
> does, and that is scatter blocks accross partitions (yes, you can
> stripe to one disk, though that makes a very slow disk, it makes
> it cheap to work on the code.)

	Now this would be neat but what will the output of df look like?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center