Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:18:56 +0300
From:      Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Java (vs oracle) will not die, just like BSDvs AT&T) did not die, just like=
 TCP/IP (vs msoft/ibm/SNA) did not die,
in other words, its very hard to kill the good guys, (especially when they =
are popular).

=CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 Wednesday 15 September 2010 00:21:13 =CE=BF/=CE=B7=
 Randal L. Schwartz =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
>=20
> Jules> Now, if Oracle won't adjust their thinking, I intend to look at Ja=
va
> Jules> sub-systems that are supplied and built by other people than Oracl=
e.
> Jules> (It's called Open Source.)
>=20
> And that's what I tried to say in my last few posts.  Given Oracle's
> apparent stance to own Java not by copyright but by patent, it doesn't
> *matter* that Java is "open source".  We'll have to wait until Oracle
> v. Google is decided, but unless Google can invalidate Oracle's
> *patents* on Java, Java is effectively dead, unless you want to sleep in
> Oracle's bed.
>=20

=2D-=20
Achilleas Mantzios