Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:56:58 +0100
From:      Spyou <root@spyou.org>
To:        Pawel Malachowski <pawmal-posting@freebsd.lublin.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.9 / VRRP / vlan

At 22:54 27/11/2003, Pawel Malachowski wrote:
>When moving IP address from R1 to R2, R2 is not able to bring this IP
>up cause it already has route to that network in routing table. Is it
>possible You have similar problem here?

I had this problem a few days ago ...

I've found a solution that is not very clean but that works :

ether cards have static IP from the subnet (ie 62.233.44.252/24 and=20
62.233.44.253/24) and the virtual IP is declared as /32 in freevrrpd (ie=20
62.233.44.254/32)

There's no problem to add the virtual IP as an alias of ether cards ..

The problem with OSPF was solved with a perl script that told OSPF's=20
passive router not to announce the subnet to others one

This solution (w/o vlans) works .. the downtime is something like 3/4=20
seconds .. wich is acceptable for my applications :)

but i can't work w/o vlans :(