Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 23:09:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPL *again* (was: New CODA release)

In article <199902080636.WAA42408.kithrup.freebsd.chat@rah.star-gate.com> you write:
>What I wonder if it is okay to distribute a kernel module  with
>a given licensing scheme then all of the sudden perhaps inspire
>by fad to switch the licensing scheme specially when it is well
>known that kernel modules sometimes are decided to be included
>in a distribution due to their licensing scheme.

Last time I checked, the kernel code was not going under the GPL, and, in
fact, the Coda team had expressed willingess to assign copyright of those
modules to the NetBSD/FreeBSD/whatever project.

Did that change, or did you not bother to find out what the actual license
terms were and just made a knee-jerk reaction?