Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:31:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      fbsd-dave <fbsddave@mrcaffeine.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OnStream Tape drives

Shoot.

I just checked the OnStream site. They already have DI model drivers for
Linux, but the SC model Linux driver is still a work-in-progress. No
mention of fbsd - boo.

They claim to be releasing new models right about now that should work
without special consideration. The new server ADR models are described as
compatible with "Windows 95, 98 and NT; Novell NetWare; SCO OpenServerTM
and SCO UnixWare, Mac OS, Linux and others". There's more verbiage that
implies these are what we might expect of SCSI tape drives. The price is
higher though. $999 for the 35/70 model.

 http://www.onstream.com/server/index.asp

Looks like a used or pull DLT from ebay is still the best ticket for
onesy-twosy requirements.

Dave