Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:27:45 -0700
From:      "ComputersUSA! WebMaster" <webmaster@shopcusa.com>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Vmware - Serial Configuration?

I've been toying with Windows 2000, Under vmware 2.0.3, I've got past
several hurdles, but I still have a few issues, I'm fusterated, and could
use some help.

The Goal: Get Palm Pilot IIIxe to Sync with Windows 2000 Virtual Machine.

I have Com1 and 2 setup, using /dev/cuaa0 and /dev/cuaa1

On Com2, is a USR Modem, that was detected during the install of Windows
2000, (as VMwares generic modem) That Query's fine.. I could most likly dial
out on it just fine, if I wanted too (havent tryed, probably never will)

I have my Hot Sync Cradle hookedup to Com1, but when I try to sync, it never
makes a connection. Is there some special config needed to make this work?
(I've been lurking on the vmware newsgroups.. and have seen issues with
serial ports.. and source hacks to fix them.. but what has to be done for
freebsd?)

I'm running FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, and as I said Vmware 2.0.3, from ports.

Thanks for any help,

Chris.