Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:06:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        archie@whistle.com, johan@granlund.nu, jmb@FreeBSD.ORG, julian@whistle.com, lars@akerlings.t.se, current@FreeBSD.ORG, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_sppp is BROKEN!!!

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
> >Anyway, one reason I'm hyping this a little bit is because we
> >(Julian and me) want to clean up, and update, and unencumber the
> >netgraph code that was released a year or so ago, and check it in
> >so people can start playing with it more. It will take a little time
> >though, not to mention approval from the kernel gargoyles...
>
> Well, I think this one of those gargoyles speaking, and his position
> is that it sounds very very interesting, but he would hate to have
> it committed anywhere until he has had a decent chance to try it
> out.

That's certainly OK..

One nice thing is that no existing kernel source files are modified
(except /sys/files/conf). It all lives in /sys/netgraph. So it's easy
to play with without a lot of... patchwork.

I'll send out a message when we've got something ready for review
& testing (probably after Christmas holidays when I can spend some
time on it).

-Archie