Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 1996 23:31:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thinkpad 760ELD w/ 3com pcmcia 3c589 ins

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Personally, I was kinda disappointed that the Sys Rq key didn't do
> > anything, since that one was supposed to be used on big important
> > mainframes, and I'd kinda been thinking FreeBSD was that sorta OS!
>
> Maybe if you had a good suggestion for what the stupid key is even
> supposed to do?

Maybe scroll some message across the screen...
                        "FreeBSD is a mainframe OS!" :)
I've never even known what it stands for, to be fair, though...  ("SYStems
ReQuired"?  "SYStems bReaQ"?  "SYStem wReck"?)

> They are remappable, BTW - you don't need to have a given key perform
> a specific function, and if you wanted, say, the system to drop into
> the kernel debugger every time you hit ESC, well, that's an easy thing
> to put in your keymap. :-)

Kernel debugger ... vi command mode  --  what's the difference?  ;)

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk