Date:      Mon, 01 May 2000 13:12:46 -0700
From:      bmah@acm.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Visigoth <visigoth@telemere.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Header includes and defines in freebsd 4-Stable [ISC-Bugs#102] (bind9)

--==_Exmh_687767724P

If memory serves me right, Visigoth wrote:

> 	It seems that there may be a small socket implementation issue
> with freebsd 4-Stable.  I have been in disscussion with a few people from
> the isc bind 9 bug tracking department, and it seems that for the macro
> CMSG_NXTHDR to function in freebsd , the macro ALIGN must be
> defined.

We went through this exact same issue about six weeks ago, the problem
being that pchar (a network measurement utility I wrote) needed the
CMSG_* macros and started failing to build under 4.0-CURRENT.  (I
needed these macros for IPv6.)

I lost track of the discussion for several reasons, but you can check
the -current mailing list archives (look for CMSG_NXTHDR or some such
thing like this).  According to a very quick perusal of the CVS
repository, it hasn't been solved yet.  (i.e. FreeBSD still requires
<sys/param.h> for CMSG_* to work properly.)

Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp> is probably the best person
to ask for more information on this.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_687767724P