Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 1995 20:46:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, platforms@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended by someone who knows this stuff.

> I'd heard that no NetBSD existed because of the lack of info from Apple,
> regarding their PowerPC systems.  Would this change that situation?

This will not change the situation for 1st generation PowerMacs.  2nd
generation PowerMacs will benefit somewhat from this info (a good bit of
the technology described in "Macintosh Technology in CHRP" is really
existing hardware (or certainly close to it).

BTW, the piece(s?) that I was looking for [on-line pointers to] are:

CHRP Bibliography:
	[20] PowerPC Microprocessor Common Hardware Reference Platform:
		Hardware Technical Reference, available from IBM.

Mac. Tech. in CHRP Bibliography:
	Apple/IBM/Motorola
		PowerPC Microprocessor Common Hardware Reference
		Platform: I/O Reference, presents architectural
		specifications for CHRP input and output facilities.
		It is available from IBM.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **