Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:15:49 +0800
From:      Ariff Abdullah <ariff@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD laptop

--Signature=_Thu__16_Nov_2006_12_15_49_+0800_3ObxnOM3YxMCKigS

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:52:07 +0000
"Chavdar Ivanov" <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> I am currently using HP nx6310; after the initial problem with npx
> freezing when MULTIPROCESSOR is on, I an reasonably happy with it.
> The wireless (wpi) works (but not with wpa_supplicant for me), the
> Ethernet (bce) as well (I just have to disconnect the power supply
> for a moment when rebooting from XP). The only minor gripe is that I
> could not get the audio (azalia) work through the speakers, but it
I this the case for FreeBSD? There is a tiny quirk for nx6310 which
supposed to do speaker/headphone automuting and EAPD switch
(eapd switch through mixer "ogain").

> works fine through the headphones; also the SATA controller has to
> be set to compatibility mode for NetBSD, which is weird, as the
> native mode is supported by both OpenBSD-current and
> FreeBSD-current. I haven't yet tried seriously suspend/resume. The
> graphics - Intel 945 - works in VESA mode under XFree86, but I
> installed Xorg 6.9 from pkgsrc and this is now served by the I810
> driver, so it's OK. Otherwise it looks quite well built; one may not
> like the 15" screen with 1024x768 native resolution. though (or,
> maybe, like - depends on one's eyes...).
>=20
> As far as OpenBSD-current is concerned, I just booted the
> installation CD and collected the dmesg (posted earlier in
> current-users@), but it looked OK at this stage.
>=20
> I tried at one stage FreeBSD6.2 Beta1, but did not get the wireless
> and the azalia working straight from the CD (I found an OSS audio
> driver, but did not want to deal with bits from outside of it; as I
There is a patchset along with binary kmod for azalia/HDA for your
convenience, and yes, it will be included in future releases (not in
6.2 though).

http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/ , ~ariff/lowlatency/

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........