Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:14:14 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        milki <milki@rescomp.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MASTER_SITES/MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR for perl ports

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 01:44:17AM -0800, milki wrote:
> On 10:39 Thu 10 Feb     , Anton Berezin wrote:
> > It is better to use modules/by-module because the author can
> > change, and for a number of modules changes pretty often.  This is
> > especially true for a number of modules developed by a community
> > wider than a single person.  In particular, a lot of Catalyst and
> > Moose-related modules "change" the author often from one release
> > to another.
>
> Wouldn't an option be to actually dynamically generation the SUBDIR
> based on cpan's 02package.details.txt then?

Could you clarify what you mean by that?

During the port creation/update by a maintainer?  Nothing prevents the
maintainer to use whatever tools to make this happen.

During the actual port installation?  I think that would be a bad
idea.

\Anton.
--
Our society can survive even a large amount of irrational regulation.
  -- John McCarthy