Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:31:50 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Andrew Gould" <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw+r for FreeBSD

I believe you need this in your kernel at a bare minimum.  I don't know if
atapicam is supported in FreeBSD 4.x.  It certainly is in 5.x.

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device        atapicam

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

Tom Veldhouse