Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:46:37 -0400
From:      Allen Landsidel <all@biosys.net>
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ICQ with NAT problems

At 03:39 PM 10/21/2001 +1000, Kal Torak wrote:

>Hmmm yes so it seems...
>
>Perhaps this is only with newer versions of icq client and thats why
>other people have not noticed this problem!

Could be, but I've used the port-forwarding method before with older
versions (99a) and don't recall seeing a drop off problem, even with the
28.8.  I remember sending/receiving files being a hassle, but that's not as
big a deal.

>Because my client connects to port 4000 on icq.mirabilis.com when it
>first logs in and it seems to use udp!
>
>The same seemed true for licq as well when I was using it... Maybe that
>has all changed now?

I'd say either use the newest official client, or bitch at the licq author
to update his/her program. ;)