Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 23:35:31 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Anniversary

As Guy Helmer wrote:

> It's been five years this month since FreeBSD's ancestor, 386BSD 0.0, hit
> the streets.  Anyone remember how much fun it was to install?

Yeah.  I had to buy another disk (since it occupied an entire disk
only, and i wasn't ready for getting rid of DOS by that time :), and
to ``borrow'' a coprocessor from my employer that happened to sit
around idling there. ;-) Later on, i've got very used to the idea of
occupying an entire disk, and i couldn't understand what a stinkin'
fdisk table might be for.  ``DD mode'' is the result...

"Don't forget to make depend."  (Those who still remember 386BSD 0.0
will quickly get the joke.  For all the others, i'll solve the puzzle
in the next followup if nobody did it before me. :*)

--
cheers, J"org