Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:07:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        bra@fsn.hu (Attila Nagy)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Checksum offload support for Intel 82550/82551

> I think my problem is not that hard. This bug only occurs when you are
> using CURRENT (or 5.0 RELEASE) from (I think) the point where BPF changed.

Actually, there's something else than changed. The ng_fec module tries
to set ifp->if_output to ng_fec_output() so that it can do some output
processing on frames, however, later it would call ether_ifattach(),
which would set ifp->if_output to ether_output(), which wouldn't work.
I just commited a fix for this. (I verified that I can successfully
send packets via fec0.)

I also modified the input handling so that it no longer uses the
ng_ether_input_p hook. Now that FreeBSD 5.x has an ifp->if_input
vector, it's not necessary to abuse this hook anymore. This avoids
a collision with the ng_ether module, which is what was supposed to
be using this hook in the first place.

Let me know how this works.

-Bill