Date:      Thu, 30 May 2019 00:13:36 -0600
From:      LuKreme <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting off usb installer

I made a usb installer from FreeBSD-12.0-STABLE-amd64-20190510-r347397-memst=
ick.img

When I set my FreeBSD 11.2 machine to boot from the usb, it does so and I ge=
t a normal looking boot menu, 1 for multi user, 2 for single user, etc.

Whichever option I choose, 1 or 2, the machine starts to boot, but then rebo=
ots before completion. If there is an error, it passes too quickly for me to=
 see it. At no point do I get an installer or a login prompt.

The hardware is a 3rd? generation i5 and 8GB of RAM. Possibly a Dell machine=
?

Should I instead be using the 12.0-RELEASE image?

The machine does not have an optical drive in it.

--=20
My main job is trying to come up with new and innovative and effective ways t=
o reject even more mail. I'm up to about 97% now.=