Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 02:22:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Rob <drifter@stratos.nospam.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Dictionary

>      This might sound like a stupid question, but how is it possible
> to "copyright" a dictionary?  I(c) mean(c), they(c) don't(c) own(c)
> the(c) words(c), do they?
>      At the very least, it would seem that Webster's would be hard-
> pressed to prove that somebody "stole" their word list.

	Not really, Websters tends to define words differently then other
dictionary compaines. As such they could easily prove that a list of
words is 'thier's.' It would be nice to have a more up to date list, but
until someone has the time to sit down and enter them.... perhaps there
is already an onnline resource that 'we' could borrow from? I know there
are tons of scrabble dictionaries onnline...

						Rick