Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:12:14 +0000
From:      "B. Estrade" <estrabd@cs.uh.edu>
To:        FreeBSD ia64 <freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   new issue on zx6000, spontaneous reboot after sysinstall commit

Thanks, Anton.

I got past the no disk found issue by running the livefs cd/dvd and
entering into the fixit environment. I used a dd command and ran
newfs; then went back into sysinstall on "disk1" and was able to
partition/label with no problem (well, the disk was found).

However, once I go through and commit the install, after the
partitions and labels are created, the machine reboots without
warning.

I am wondering -

a) is that enough info to garner a guess as to the problem?
b) how do I capture useful information regarding this event?

Thank you,
Brett

--
B. Estrade <estrabd@gmail.com>