Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 13:18:24 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        john@cruzweb.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading to 6.1 (cvsup)

John Cruz writes:

>  So I want to upgrade to 6.1, but I've never used cvsup before and all
>  the documentation is confusing as can be.

	What particularly of cvsup do you find confusing?
	On the larger question: it /may/ be easier to do a binary
upgrade.  On the other hand, learning about the
cvsup/build{world.kernal} process will teach you new and interesting
things about FreeBSD, and make it easier to recover should something
go Horribly Wrong.

				Robert Huff