Date:      Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:42:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, phk@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syncing CTM and SNAPS?

> If you make a SNAP based on any ctm source, then it is unnecessary to
> distribute the source distributions as a part of the SNAP. In fact, this
> idea could be extended to the regular release distributions.

Well, there's the `subdivision problem' you yourself mention.  All the
nice menus for picking-and-chosing in the src tree would go away.

However, I see no reason why `ctm base' couldn't become an item in the
src menu, to supercede the other src options.  Now that I've got
slightly better dialog menus, I'd planned to add items like `All' and
`Clear' to that menu anyway.  One more item labeled `CTM Base Delta'
won't hurt!  I'd assume that there could be a symlink on the ftp
site (wherever that might be?) always pointing to the most recent
base delta?

						Jordan