Date:      Sat, 24 May 2003 00:19:40 -0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thiago_Silva_Concei=E7=E3o?= <f2b@atribuna.com.br>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Doubts

Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD here, I have come from Linux so I am still
adaptating. I have some doubts:

- How often the ports collection get updated? Is it whenever a new
release is out or constantly?

- How do I do to update all the applications I have installed? I did the
"make world" thing here but It seems it doesn't update things like
gnome, XFree, kde and so on, or maybe I'm wrong. Something like 'apt-get
upgrade' from Debian Linux.

- Is it possible to configure the console while in text mode to display
characters from other languages? I tried to configure the console font
and language through sysinstall but It didn't worked. My home language
is brazilian portuguese.

- There is an annoying thing on emacs. The backspace button doesn't work
as it usually do on other systems (erasing the last typed character).
How do I change this?

Best regards,
Thiago