Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 13:33:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Chris Lavin <chrisl@bbs.justcompute.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serial Communication

On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Chris Lavin wrote:

> NO what I am trying to do is to use my bsd box as a com server. I want to
> have people dial in to the BSD machine then get automatically get telneted
> to a remote site. I don't want them to ever see the login prompt. Can you
> offer any assistance?

Hm.  You'll have to hack getty to call telnet instead of login.  I
wouldn't know how to do this.

You could make an account like "bbs" with no password that as it's first
action in .profile telnets to the desired location.  The next line will
be "exit".

A hypothesis.  There is undoubtedly a better way.