Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 1994 22:14:38 +0000 (WET)
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        Matt Midboe <matt@magellan.iquest.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tripwire for FreeBSD 2.0?

> I'm curious if anyone has gotten Tripwire 1.1 to make it through the
> tests on FreeBSD 2.0. It makes just fine for me, but when I go to run it
> through the tests it fails at the first one. It says "Expecting 0 got 8"
> most specifically. I noticed when I compiled I got some warnings from
> endian.h, so is this a byte ordering problem?

Can you be more specific about the warnings? Knowing various packages
hate of system defaults (especially the system defined endianess),
it wouldn't surprise me to find that you have to change a byte sex parameter
in one of the .h files.

I'll check to see if I have this locally, if so I'll have a quick `look-see'.

Gary
--
FreeBSD/ARM (ArchBSD) Core Member
FreeBSD/ARM - 4.4BSD-Lite for the Acorn RISC platforms