Date:      Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:28:17 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ${PREFIX}/include/nss/nss

--=-4yJ2yuhJp/NtZUuHDSPT

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 10:13 -0400, Mikhail T. wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I just noticed, that there is nothing under /usr/local/include/nss other
> than another nss subdirectory. Fixing this is trivial -- we are only
> installing nss headers -- but the impact on the dependant ports may not
> be.
>=20
> It is still desirable, though, IMHO...

Yes, but as you pointed out, it will require changes to the
NSS-dependent ports (as well as plist changes to security/nss itself).
If you want to test all the ports, and submit a complete patch, that
would be great.

>=20
> While at it, there is, probably, no need to make the libraries
> executable nor to strip them -- use INSTALL_DATA instead of
> INSTALL_PROGRAM.

I disagree.  Shared libraries should be stripped as is done in virtually
every other port.  Making shared objects executable is not required,
through.

Joe

--=20

--=-4yJ2yuhJp/NtZUuHDSPT