Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 1994 18:50:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
To:        Matt Midboe <matt@magellan.iquest.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tripwire for FreeBSD 2.0?

On Sat, 17 Dec 1994, Matt Midboe wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone has gotten Tripwire 1.1 to make it through the
> tests on FreeBSD 2.0. It makes just fine for me, but when I go to run it
> through the tests it fails at the first one. It says "Expecting 0 got 8"
> most specifically. I noticed when I compiled I got some warnings from
> endian.h, so is this a byte ordering problem?

	dont do tripwire1.1. the newer version 1.2, fixes a problem with
the ntohl() and htonl() that are included in the tripwire1.1
distrubution.  works fine on 1.1.5.1, but you'll need to create a
database file for 2.0   when i get a 2.0 box going, i'll take a look if
you have done this already.

(think it was htonl(), but its beena while.   at any rate, they were
including a function with the same name as a library function and the
result would not work.  changing the source to use the non-pointer
version of the 64 bit encoding routines avoided the problme)

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346